Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Questions and Life

I tend to wonder why about a lot of things in life, things that I may not ever get an answer to, things that are completely out of my control. These are questions that are at times all consuming.
I have had lots of times that I have struggled with the fact that we moved away from Steinbach 5 years ago, why we left our families, why we left so of the best friends you could ask for. Last year I began to question why we left Arborg, the first house we bought ( that is still ours), the place where both our children were born. i have realized that life has many ups and down and eventually you will make a new home and find new friends. Evan and i spent the first year in Calgary dealing with many hurts, when Evan was promised a job out here I wouldn't need to work and we wouldn't need to worry about money. We lost a lot of money when his first boss went on drugs, Evan had two horrible job after that, at one point I was babysitting out of my home, working night shift at Tim Horton's ( Friday and Saturday), and delivering papers every morning. We were always wondering if we would have enough money for food, we always ate, even if we have to get food hampers . God was so gracious to us, we are starting to see why we stuck it out and are starting to reap lots of benefits. We have found a wonderful church, Evan has a great job, I have a great job ( only Friday evening and Saturday during the day), we have made some wonderful friends and re connected with some old friends.
To sum it up, I am truly thankful for my life, for old and new friends and new beginnings.
Sorry about the rambling, it feels good to realize how thankful I am for my life and I just wanted to share that.

NEW Beginnings.

Micah at 22 1/2 months has decided that she doesn't want diapers any more, so we are potty training.
Hurray for us, It has not been as easy this time as it was for Emmanuel. well see how it goes.

No comments: