Sunday, June 17, 2007

Our Family Vacation

Evan, Emmanuel, Micah and I just spent the weekend in Edmonton. Evan and I had decided that after 4 years it was time for a family vacation. We had planned on going camping all weekend but after hearing the forecast we were quick to change our minds ( what are you going to do in a tent all weekend with a 3 1/2 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old). We chose the next best thing, spending the weekend in a hotel with continental breakfast and a pool. No cooking or cleaning for the entire weekend, only pure relaxation ha ha. Sorry had to laugh the kids had a totally different plan. After looking past all the tears, I want to go homes, sleepless nights (Micah) and general craziness we had a great time.


walking down the stairs of our hotel to Breakfast. We spent the entire weekend eating out the least we could do was take the stairs.

Evan with the kids at the Sea Caverns in West Edmonton Mall. There are crocodiles in the tank behind them.

The kids and I petting Sting Rays. So cool

Evan playing in the pool with the kids. We had a great time in the hot tub but the other pool was far to cold.



This is last last picture I will share on this blog( more will come later). I wanted to show Micah's little head twist to the side. Almost every time we bring the camera out she cranks her head to the side, It is almost like she is saying Everyone look at me, I know exactly how beautiful I am. Super cute.

We had a blast, I throughly enjoyed my time with Evan and the kids and I defiantly learnt a lesson. Just because it is call a vacation , with kids around doesn't mean you get a break :)

More stories and pictures to come.

2 comments:

LeRoy said...

Hey guys, it looks like you had a great weekend. Vacation does not mean a break, I agree. But they sure are worth it. Do you know when your next trip out here will be? Take care:)

TheButterfly2 said...

I know exactly what you mean. A vacation with kids is a whole 'nother thing compared to vacation as a couple. Looks like you still had some fun though. It's nice to get away as a family. Micah is so adorable! And it's kind of funny, Alli's been doing that same head tilt lately!
Oh, did I tell you I put a link to your blog on mine? I enjoy reading and hearing about you guys.