Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Micah's Appointment

I was wrong my last post, Micah's appointment was with her new pediatrician and not the ophthalmologist. Micah has her appointment with the eye doctor in a couple weeks.
The moment the Dr. walked into the room I fell in love with her. The doctor is in her upper forties super upbeat and very caring (qualities that are hard to find in a Calgary Doctor). It was nice to have a fresh opinion of Micah and it was the first Doctor that told us that Micah's crying many not be due to something physically wrong with her it may just be her temperament.
We were sent for more blood work to rule some different things out and also a x-ray of her hips. This doctor is the first one to take me seriously about Micah's odd running gait. Micah's left hip seizes up when she runs, it makes her look like she is running side ways and leaning forward. It is incredibly cute, the doctor was having a hard time not laughing. She was also the first doctor to make Micah run and watch what is going on.
All in all it was a great appointment.

Well, I have to start baking, Evan and I are having about 20 people here on Sunday for Thanks giving and I work Friday night as well as a 12 hr shift on Saturday.

3 comments:

LeRoy said...

I'm really glad to hear you have a fresh look at Micah, through a new doctor. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. We'll be busy renovating all weekend on Brooklyn's new room. Chao.

TheButterfly2 said...

Sounds like a great doctor. Interesting that you mentioned Micah's run because Alli also has a kind of odd run and it sounds sort of similar. I keep thinking she'll outgrow it but now that you mentioned the hip thing I'm thinking maybe I should have her examined too just to be sure.
Wow that's a LOT of people over! Hope you have a great day!

RLE said...

Hello Mel -
I haven't been able to read blogs in the last week, so have missed your posts about work and things changing for you in that way. I understand exactly what you mean about the affirmation you get at work and not always at home. I love it when my hubby will say things on occasion about what he appreciates that I do.
I am glad that you got a new pediatrician that you like and who listens to you. I hope that they can find out exactly what is up with Micah soon.
Have a great Thanksgiving! Hope you can have some rest in there amidst the busyness.