Monday, October 22, 2007

Life

Our life this past month in a nut shell is birthday, broken bones and cleaning.

First things first, about 2 weeks ago, Micah was running in our friends living room when she slipped and fell into a window sill. I was out for supper at the time when Evan called me frantically on the phone. When I returned to our friend house I found my daughter looking like this,

The picture doesn't show everything, but Micah's nose was instantly swollen and turning color, she couldn't breath through her nose and was crying uncontrollably. Evan and I rushed her into the Red Deer hospital. By the time we got there her nose was huge and starting to look like a banana.
We left the hospital 2 hours later with a daughter full of pain medication and a freshly broken nose. The doctor said it was only crooked because of the swelling and they didn't need to set her nose. Here are a couple pictures of the next couple days.

Day 2, swelling is going down, her nose is getting straighter and the bruising is getting darker.

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

After this point things have been progressively getting better. I will have more posts later today or tomorrow about the rest of out life.

2 comments:

Jobina said...

That is brutal! Poor kid, I hope that bruising disappears soon. As if she hasn't been through enough!

Amanda said...

Oh my! That looks fierce. What a trooper, not sure who I mean it about more, you or her. She will LOVE those shots when she grows up!