Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Turning back the clock

First of all I what to say thank you to the people who have left comments, they have been a sense of encouragement through this hard time. I would love to say that my life has figured itself out and I am happy but I am just not there yet.
I have come to the conclusion that a lot of what I am battling has come from exhaustion and stress. the last 1 1/2 years I have pretty much raised my kid by myself, moving to Calgary was hard financially and it sent us spiraling into survival mode. Evan would work during the day and the evening only to come home and fall into bed. It has been a lot better over the last couple months nut I still wasn't taking anytime for myself. Evan and I were talking and realized that he had been gone from us for 3 plus months over the last 4 1/2 years.
I have been away for 1 night on a youth retreat with 20 youth, some how that just doesn't add up.

Evan had been to Las Vegas on "business" ( he had 2 meetings in 5 days). He goes to concerts, had the house to himself for countless weeks while I visit my parents. He also spent 2 months in Calgary working and hanging out with my brother while I was with the kids in MB trying to tie up lose ends.

well times are going to change, I am heading back to school. Starting May 30 I will be studying to become a fitness Instructor. I have theory classes in Edmonton for a weekend and then practical classes in either Toronto or Ottawa in late summer. I will be training in two disiplines, Body Flow ( yoga, tai chi and Pilates) as well as Body Combat. I am super excited and can't wait to start. It is the perfect job, it will only be a couple hours a week and if my classes are during the day the kids get free babysitting right at the gym. I am hoping to teach 4-5 classes a week, hopefully some days of back to back classes. My schedule won't change very much from what it is now because I already spent two hours on Tuesday and Wednesday night at the gym as well as two hours Saturday morning.

I am hoping through working again I will be able to find myself and my many passions in life.

3 comments:

Jobina said...

That's awesome Mel! I know all about survival mode and not taking time for yourself. I hope this will give you a chance to breathe a bit and take care of yourself too, not just everyone else!

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RLE said...

Good for you! I find that getting out and doing things that I love - just for me - are a great way of helping me love it when I come home. It has been sounding like you have been loving your workouts, so this is a great way of turning something you love into your career.