Friday, February 8, 2008

update

I think that Micah is over the hardest part of giving up her soother. She still asks for it all the time but accepts it when we tell her that we don't have one and she doesn't need it anymore.
It is weird not have Micah on a soother, I feel like she is not a baby anymore. We don't need a diaper bag anymore, I have nothing to carry in it. No more kids in diapers and no need for soothers, I just keep snacks in the car for when we go out. What a freeing stage of life to be in, now if we decide to have more children it will be a rude awakening of carrying a bag around again.

On more exciting news Evan and I are going away for a couple days by ourselves for the first time since Emmanuel has been born. We will be heading to Canmore for 3 days of sleeping in, eating out and exploring the town. SO EXCITED.
It is going to be nice to get away, Evan has been working tons and I am tired after being home with the kids 24/7. Evan is tired too, it is hard to start work at 7:00 a.m and get home around midnight 6 days a week.

hopefully I can post more later, no promises I suck at this type of thing

3 comments:

Maremone said...

I forgot that life was possible without a diaper bag. Thank you for that encouraging reminder :) and congrats!!!

TheButterfly2 said...

Hope your trip is REALLY refreshing! Sound like You guys definitely could use it!

LeRoy said...

I'm so excited you can finally go away without the kids. You deserve it.