Friday, November 9, 2007

Our Trip to Banff


2 weeks ago we took the kids to Banff on a Sunday afternoon. It is soon nice to be that close, you drive 1 1/2 hrs and feel like you are nice a completely different province. I love the town of Banff and if ever Evan and I were rich we would move there.
We took the kids for a quick stop at the candy shop and walked around the main street for awhile. After the kids were tried of walking we went to a small museum and looked around at animals that had been killed and stuffed.
Last Christmas Evan and I hit a moose in the mountains and then I thought it was huge but seeing that moose close up is pretty freaky.
After the mountains we took the kids to a place call Cave and Basin. It is klms of trails that take you to the marsh and to a look out point to see birds. We also climbed many flights of stairs to some other trail that takes you to natural hot springs.
Some of these springs are so far in the ground that you have to lean of the fence as far as you can to see the water in the ground.
It was such a great thing for the kids to experience and it was soon nice to get out of the city. I am starting to feel cluster phobic in Calgary,I am not sure if I am ever going to get used to how big it is.

I have all of our pictures from that day on my face book account if anyone is interested in viewing the rest.

Anyway off to clean the house before the weekend, the task that never seems to be done or even close to done.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Mel,
I saw your pictures on facebook...looks like you guys were having a good time. They are such cute kids!
Tara

RLE said...

We love going to the mountains too - though usually go to either Kananaskis if we want to hike or Canmore to browse in the shops. Banff is too overcrowded for us and we're too cheap to pay for the pass to Banff. :)

RLE said...

Oh, if you decide to go to Canmore, we love the Rocky Mountain Bagel Co. at the opposite end of the main street from where you come in, such good bagels! Mmm, yummy! Makes me want to go just thinking of it.

Tara said...

Elmer and Danya had their baby on Oct.12 this year.

Amanda said...

Oh his face in that first pic and hers in the second, so sweet! I've always wanted to visit Banff. Sounds like a lovely time.