Friday, April 25, 2008

What a week

I don't remember the last time I have had a crazy week like this last one. All of our adventures started last week Friday Morning. Evan's sister had flown out from Manitoba to pack up their house in Invermere before the movers came to get the boxes on Monday. We originally were going to pick her up at the airport and she was going to take a bus to Invermere in the afternoon with my brother. It started to snow and we heard word that the bus might be canceled so Evan and Nathan took off work and we decided to drive up ourselves and help pack.
We left our house at 10:30 and the snow was just starting to fall, by the time we hit Banff it was snowing full force and we were debating turning around. As we pressed on the weather was getting worse, at 20 km Evan couldn't see anything all he could do was follow the car ahead of us. We ended up making it to Invermere 4 1/2 hrs later as well as about 20 cars in the ditch and 5 plus on their roof.
Evan and I stayed in Invermere for 1 hour and decided to head back. The park rangers wouldn't let us back through the pass, we had to take a 6 hour detour through Crow's Nest Pass. Anyway 24 hrs later 2 more blizzards in Crow's Nest and hotel room we made it home.
That Saturday morning at 5:00 a.m. I got up to check the weather as I got out of bed I wrenched my left Knee, I hobbled to the window and realized that I was storming and took my sore knee back to bed.
At 7:00 a.m. we realized that we had to go our be stuck at the hotel for at least another day or two, so we left.

I spent the next couple days on the couch with an ice pack and medication nursing my knee ( aside from a couple lower impact classes at the gym). On Wednesday my knee started to feel better and I came down with a cold, I almost never get sick and this has been a bad one. On Wednesday I was doing some studying on pregnant women exercising and there heart rates and realized that I wasn't comprehending anything. I was definitely in a fog. On Thursday I went back and reread the chapter and is was so straight forward it made me embarrassed. All it was taking about is that if a pregnant mothers heart rate goes above 140 it starts to have an effect on the babies oxygen and blood supply.

Anyway long and the short of it is that it has been a long weekend, on top of everything Evan has worked until 1:00 a.m every morning so I have been on my own for the most part.
All I can say is that I am looking forward to the weekend, I have a couple classes at the gym on Saturday and Sunday will be the first day we have seen Evan since that Saturday. Hurray for good times.

If anyone has any idea where to get really good quality yoga pants and tank tops please let me know. I am not very happy with my current top ( brand is Matrix)

6 comments:

Jobina said...

Wow, that's quite the week! I don't envy you going through snow storms in the mountains. We went through Crow's nest in a rain storm once and that was crazy enough for me!
I'm not big in the know about Yoga gear but I did just get some great stuff at MEC and noticed that they had some Yoga capris there and some great tanks.

Lena said...

Wow- thats is a busy week! April has just been an insanely crazy month for may people- including me. I look forward to a slower pace again thats for sure.

Melanie said...

Hi! Just popped by and wanted to say hi, as well I've heard that Lululemon has amazing yoga wear. They also have a website if you wanna check them out at www.lululemon.com

RLE said...

That was quite the not too fun filled weekend. You are certainly braver than I would be - I'd be a stress ball of nerves.
Being sick isn't fun and totally makes life difficult to keep going on with regular things.
As for yoga pants, I have heard that Lululemon is the BEST. My sister loves hers, though I have not invested yet as they are quite expensive. A personal trainer I knew from a women's Bible study highly recommended to them to all her students - said that anyone can get a pair that fits them well and looks good. I am waiting until I get my figure back and then going to treat myself - I'm thinking it won't happen before November - LOL, but there are things you need to look forward to right? Oh, and Market Mall has a Lululemon store in it.

Evan and Mel said...

Everyone has been telling me to go to Lululemon. I went to check it out on Sunday and bought a pair of pants and a shirt. Everything there is so expensive but looks like it is good quality.
Hopefully the pants will last long and they are justifiable due to the fact that I will be teaching anywhere from 4-7 classes a week.

Melanie said...

To answer your question here, yeah my daughter is going to Kindergarten in Fall. Today her Preschool class got an orientation at one of the classes so she's super excited.