Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lost

Ever get the feeling like you are wondering with no where to go and nothing to do? It is such a disorienting feeling, there is no drive or purpose to push you to accomplish anything.
This is how I have been feeling for the past 2 days. Except I have many places to go and many things I should be doing.
I still go through the motions, taking care of the kids, cleaning, making meals and going to the gym but I feel nothing. This is not like me at all. Especially at the gym I am driving to fight a little harder, to sweat a little more to dance with more beat. As of yesterday in my body Jam class we were doing Hip Hop and reggae and reggae is my all time favorite yet I still felt like my feet had no bounce, no lift in my heart or spirit.
Tonight I have body Combat and I am going to try and punch and kick this feeling out of me.
Hopefully I will feel better soon, I have been losing weight and I got a new hair cut so things were looking up and I can't even point out what has caused my hazy feeling.

On a better note Evan and I invested in Bikes for ourselves and a bike trailer. I have started biking to the gym instead for driving the 3 minutes. Evan comes an hour or two later with the kids in the trailer and then we bike home together. This is the best way we could have spent our money, I have a feeling we will get lots of wear and tear out of them this summer.

1 comment:

RLE said...

Hello Mel -
I understand what you mean when you say you are feeling lost. I have felt that myself at various times and find that it is usually (for me) reflecting the dryness that I feel in my spirit because I have not made time for God as a result of busyness or my being lazy. I am not saying that this is what you are experiencing, just sharing in case it might help you. Nice thing is once I reflect a bit and figure out if something is missing and what I am going to do about it, the feeling usually goes away.
I am glad to hear that your gym sessions are going well and that you guys invested in the bikes and are going to get a lot of use out of them. Thanks for telling me about the double jogger you have for sale. We are actually looking for a double with a toddler "jump seat" as there will be three kids who will need a ride! :) Crazy to think of...
Hope your lost feeling gets lost. (OK, bad pun, but I couldn't resist! :)
Rayna