Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Morning

This morning I decided that I would bake muffins with my kids. We usually have lots of fun baking and the kids love mixing the batter and eating it.
As I was getting all the different ingredients out I noticed that the house was quiet but I didn't think to much of it. After all the ingredients were on the table I called the kids to come help me, Emmanuel called back that they were busy playing and would come in a minute. I thought that they were in Emmanuel's room which happens to be right across from the bathroom.
I left them for a couple more minutes and then decided to find out what they were "playing", so I called out and asked. Emmanuel's answer was nothing and about 5 seconds later I hear a little voice say " Emmanuel that's pretty, Mommy look Emmanuel made my hair pretty." This was followed by a very quick Micah BE QUIET. Lets just say I went running and running fast.
When I walked into the bathroom, this is what I found,
beside the sink I found a very proud Micah and a sheepish looking Emmanuel.

Micah's hair was beautiful, it is white blond and curly. When I would brush it it would go well beyond the middle of her back then bounce up to her shoulder blades with her curls.
Thankfully I used to be a hair dresser and could save it a little bit. Now Micah looks like this,
View from the back.

View from the front.

The nice part is some of the piece that were cut are very close to her scalp and they just happen to be right on top of her ears and behind them, very easy to cover up.
I guess Emmanuel has been watching me more then I thought when I cut hair.

Kids will be Kids.

6 comments:

LeRoy said...

AHHHHHHH That's hilarious. She still looks quite cute, and that really would have been scary. That most funny part is that Emmanuel told Micah to be quiet, as if you'd never find out.

Michael said...

I have heard of so many people whose kids try this at one point or another! At least your son did it in an unnoticeable spot. My cousin's daughter cut her brother's hair to the scalp right on top - they had to shave his head! LOL

Lena said...

I think all kids try this at least once... Haha! At least you could hide it. Most cases I've seen kids cut their bangs...really short. ahhh- kids will be kids!

Charis said...

Too funny! Brings back sooo many memories of what Lisa and I did to Evan! Tell the kids hi!

Jobina said...

Haha! Welcome to the club of Parents of Aspiring Hairdressers!

Drea said...

his hair looks cute! Looks just fine


I cut my hair off in kindergarden. I was hiding under a chair :-) got in BIG trouble...