Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1 st time on the Gondola in Baniff

a couple weeks ago after an especially long and hard week Evan and I decided to take the kids to Baniff on a Sunday afternoon. When we got there we discovered that it was a lot cooler in Baniff then it was in Calgary, and Evan and I were only in Spring Jackets, we brought the kids winter jackets.
Instead of taking a couple hours to hike some of the path ways we paid the HIGH price to ride the Gondola. I have to say that it was the best money we have spent on our family in a long time.
It takes about 10 minutes to get up to the top of the mountain and then you need to get out. We spent time walking around the store at the top of the mountain and walking outside on the walk way. The outside walk was awesome but we only lasted about 10 minutes before being to cold.



after spending about 1 hour with the Gondola we drove back into Baniff and took the kids to the candy shop. We love the candy shop there, it is filled with candy and only candy.
After our kids had picked some candy we spent about 1 1/2 hrs walking around the main street. Baniff has the best stores, we wouldn't be able to afford things but it is great just to look around.


Update on our school situation: I have yet to chose a kindergarten school for Emmanuel. I still haven't had an opportunity to see the last school in our zone, but I am leaning toward the Catholic school. I am hoping to be able to get to the other school later this week and I will make a more informed decision.

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and is enjoying the warmer weather.

*** We are selling our double jogging stroller, if anyone is interested around the Calgary area or Manitoba ( I am coming out in May) be write us an e-mail at echo_mtn@telus.net
We are asking $75.00 o.b.o It is navy blue with black trim, with 2 large baskets under each seat.
both seats recline individually and it has a 5 point harness system.
I will post a picture this afternoon when it is warmer outside.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Sounds like you had a fun day- it's nice to have a change of scenery sometimes and get away from normal life... I know I need that right now!
It's nice to see you post again :)

RLE said...

We love going to Banff too- though lean more towards Canmore if we have the choice - no park pass required. Haven't taken the Gondola in Banff yet, though should do that for our son one of these days.