Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Our Crazy and Wonderful long weekend

















We had a crazy but great weekend. I worked from 5:30 - 10:30 on Friday night and then 11:00a.m-10:30p.m. on Saturday night, I was exhausted. After Evan picked me up from work on Saturday we needed to go and pick up a waffle iron for Sunday. We saw some pretty good fireworks on way home. Sunday I was up at 6:30 in the morning with Micah and in the kitchen by 7:00. we were having 7 people over for breakfast at 8:30. I made homemade waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, bacon and tons of fresh fruit. We also had Ethan, Dave and Kendra's son for a couple hours that morning while they had brunch at smuggler's inn.
Emmanuel with his uncle Adam and Adam's girlfriend Charlie

My brother Nathan and Sister- in - Law Cheryl

After everyone left we gave the kids some lunch and sat down to debate whether I wanted to take a shower or have a much needed rest. At 1:30 I laid down with Micah and Evan lay down with Emmanuel. We all feel asleep ( Emmanuel never falls asleep during the day) and only woke up 3 hours later. What a huge answer to prayer, I desperately needed that rest.
We then rushed to get dressed and were out of the house 15 mins later. We had supper with Jeremy and Jaclyn and spent the evening at the park.
At 11:00 p.m. Evan and I packed up the kids and headed into the city center to watch the fireworks, we all had a blast.

Monday, was my favorite day. Evan and I took the kids to Elbow falls. We went with Dave and Kendra and Ethan. We spent the day walking along paths that wind along the falls. The kids throw rock, sticks, flowers and leaves into the water, watching them flow with the current and over the rapids. It was a very relaxing and peaceful day. You can't help but stand in awe of God's wonders and marvelous creations.

2 comments:

Tara said...

you sound terribly busy!! good thing you could get away for a day and relax.

RLE said...

Hello Mel -
Just wanted you to know that I came by to visit. Your weekend sounded insane... ours was a little more calm last week.
Looking forward to getting to know you through your blog.
Rayna