Monday, September 15, 2008

What life is like

Many times I have caught myself wondering if my life is turning out the way I wanted it to. Did I want to have kids young, did/do I want to be a stay at home mom, am I married to the man of my dreams, did I want to live in Calgary, am I happy as a fitness instructor.
I don't have all the answers for the way my life is turning out but I would never take anything back good or bad. As a adult you need to learn to deal with what you have been given and make the best of it. So much that happens in life is out of our control and in God's hands, and I would not want it any other way.
We do have choices in our life though, I feel like I am struggling with many of those choices right now.
I know that I made the right choice to start working as a fitness instructor, I am a happier person and a better mom. I knew before I had kids that I wanted to work after the first year and I took on small jobs here and there. I was never fulfilled still, I felt smothered and resentful towards my family. Now that I am with Goodlife I am gone approximately 16 hours per week, that is not even like working 3 full days and I have never been happier. Because I am happier my family is happier, I am healthier and way more confident.
Starting to work has brought on more choices with my life, do I want to work more, am I over doing it, do I need to give my body a rest, etc.
I am so happy as a fitness instructor but wasn't prepared for everything that goes along with it. Some weeks depending on how much I teach I am taking pain killers just to get through the next class then there are weeks that I don't teach very much at all and I feel like I need to get in to the gym to get a hard workout.
Another issue is body image, I am a great weight and healthy but deep inside I feel like it isn't enough, I can lose a couple more pounds, teach a couple more cardio classes or run a couple more miles. This isn't an issue that I am alone in, it is through out the entire fitness industry.

* please don't judge me, I just need to be honest. I would love to hear your comments, please keep them kind.

update on Emmanuel starting school.
Emmanuel is one his 2 full week of school and is loving it. He has adjusted so well to going to school every morning. This morning when I walked him to the school he took off running to his friends on the play ground and only came back to where I was standing to get his backpack. After he got his backpack he went and lined up and didn't look back.
When I go and pick him up from school he walks out of the doors gives his teacher a high-five throws me his backpack and takes off running with 4 other kindergarten boys. This group is inseparable, so cute.
Hopefully I can post some pictures in a couple days of his first day at kindergarten.
Micah is also loving her mornings at home. We are home Monday, Thursday and Friday morning. The other mornings I am teaching so Micah is in play group. We have spent many hours coloring, playing barbies and painting her nails, she is such a little girl.

1 comment:

Lena said...

I think it's great as a mom to have "me" time... whether it's working or just having adult time. We as moms all need it! I am thankful that you are happier- it's true "if mamma ain't happy, ain't no one happy"
I understand the body image thing... I don't there is girl out there that hasn't struggled with that at one point or another. I think we as women need to come to a point of acceptance of how we look... BTW I think you looks awesome!