Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hurray for Vanishing spots

Micah is now over the fever that has plagued her since Tuesday at noon. After my last post Micah had spots over most of her body and couple hours later she started to sweat and then the spots disappeared as well as her fever. I thought she was fine and proceeded with the plan to go out. Right before we left Micah's fever was back up , we decided to try and still go out. Skip ahead a couple hours to a child who is inconsolable and hot, when we returned home Micah's fever was at 105.7, I called health links and was told to keep her home unless it stayed that high for 2 straight hours. They also said the rash was most likely due to the high fever as well as the blisters in her mouth. Micah stayed with a fever anywhere between 102.1-104.5 for the next 24 hours. Her fever broke Thursday around 2 a.m and has not returned. There has been many time I wished it was back because she is now a bear, instead for having a pathetic cry and staring into space. She cries all the time and doesn't sleep, last night I finally climbed into bed at 4:30 a.m.
So we are on the mend, She has a stuffed nose and the blisters in her mouth are almost healed.
So after all this trouble my daughter just had a really bad head cold.
I am just hoping that she is better tomorrow, we are taking part in the baby dedication in our church tomorrow morning.
Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of my children all dressed up for church, we bought Micah and jean skirt from once upon a child for $3.50, can't go wrong with a price like that.

4 comments:

Lena said...

It's not fun when the munchkins are sick...I hope you day tomorrow goes better!

Mark said...

Wow, Mel, your blog looks fantastic. Seriously, it looks great (and makes mine look horrible). Most impressive. Did you give Lena the pictures or did she find them for you herself? Take care,
Mark

RLE said...

I hope that Micah felt well enough for all of you to go to the dedication today.

Jobina said...

wow, that is such a high fever! I'm so glad it finally broke. Maybe now things can get back to normal for her.