Sunday, July 15, 2007

Water Guns and Big Girl Beds

We have had a wonderful weekend, full of some great family time. On Friday I worked until 10:30 at night and on Saturday I worked until only 5:00. That was the first Saturday in about a month where I didn't work a double. Saturday night Evan and I took the kids roller blading in the double stroller along the bow river, we went about 5 miles and had such a blast. After our work out we decided that we deserved some Gelato, we are crazy about that stuff.
Evan and I have been looking for a toddler bed for Micah for quite a while now, everything we have found that is good quality is very expensive. While I was at work on Saturday Evan went on line at a Calgary web site and found an Ikea toddler bed for only $50.00. It is an expandable bed so it converts into a twin bed. Micah is sleeping in it for the first time tonight.
Sunday we went to church and listen to an amazing service about feeling like God has forsaken us and is not there. It put a lot of things in perspective for me.
After lunch we went and picked up Micah's bed and headed out on a search. I was looking for washable training pants for Micah, pull ups are way too expensive and i feel like Micah is relying on them. When ever she is running around naked she doesn't have accidents but with pull ups she is always wetting them.
I only bought one but I am looking for more, the same or different as long as they do the same thing. I f anyone has any ideas please let me know.
We also found Emmanuel his first water gun, all the neighbor kid have water guns and Emmanuel is left out. He is super proud of his water gun and can't wait to use it on the neighborhood kids.

Evan and I have also made a commitment to no T.V in the evenings that we are both home after the kids go to bed. We have had some great talks, It has definitely been great to re-connect with each other.

4 comments:

RLE said...

Sounds like a great weekend. We had a wonderful one too, though a few unexpected things. We started talking about getting Rhys a toddler bed too and our friends have that bed. They really like it.
It's funny we used our waterguns tonight for a waterfight to cool off in this hot Calgary weather. So much fun!

Tara said...

I havn't seen cloth training pants anywhere, but we've been looking into cloth diapers. There's so many kinds! But quite a bit cheaper...

Stacey said...

I've tried a couple different cloth training pants, and hate them both! I first tried the Kushies ones, and then I got some Gerber ones off of ebay. Both of them had a built in waterproof cover. The Kushies ones don't hold ANY pee, and the Gerber ones pretty much fell apart in the wash. I've been using cloth diapers though, which I LOVE!! I have a few Bum Genius 2.0 and some Baby Kangas, and some Baby Love diapers. My favorite are the Bum Genius 2.0. They are expensive to start out with, but they work amazingly, and even if you buy expensive cloth diapers, they do save you money in the long run!

Jobina said...

Trinity used a mixture of Rikers old waffle-knit training pants that I bought for Riker and some 2in1 waterproof cover ones that I got off eBay. EBay is a great resource for those things and often even with shipping it's less than going to Walmart. It didn't take long though and I just put her in panties and dealt with the occasional accident. You're right about the pull ups, they are a big waste of money! Great for trips or night though! We saved a few pennies by buying the Superstore brand ones. I actually like them way better than the brand name!