Friday, July 27, 2007

crossing the finish line and starting a new race

Thank you so much to everyone who thought of us and prayed for Micah yesterday during her appointment with the cardiologist.
First off, Micah was weighed and she has dropped another 1/2 pound. That puts her at 22 pounds even.
The hole in Micah's heart is still there as well as one of the valves in still floppy. The hole in 3 mm, which means it has not grown since our last visit. Micah's Cardiologist said that her heart is not enlarged anymore and it physically has no signs of having trouble coping.
He doesn't believe surgery will ever be necessary and Micah "should" have no symptoms. This leads us to the questions why is she losing weight and is so tired. We have finished the race with her cardiologist and will not need to go back to see him unless she get seriously ill.
Now for our new race we have started, after the appointment with the cardiologist we were sent over the the children's hospital for MANY tests. They are testing her liver function, kidney function, thyroid, cell counts and everything else under the sun. So we will continue in the stage of have no idea what is going on and will keep praying for answers and treatment.

We are very thankful for the answer to our prayers about her heart and are so glad to close that chapter in our lives, God has been truly faithful through the whole thing. Our plan is to keep looking to God with this next path we are taking to finding health for our daughter.

3 comments:

TheButterfly2 said...

I love you too! I am happy to hear that at least Micah's heart is alright but it must be so scary to still be wondering what else it could be. I hope you have answers sooner rather than later. You are still in our prayers. We love and miss you!

TheButterfly2 said...

Hey Mel! I got my Hooter hider (the name is being changed to Bebe Au Lait covers) from a friend in Ontario actually and both of mine are from that store (I bought an extra one last time we were out to visit) BUT I've been looking for aplace to buy them out here because all my friends want one and Anticipation and E-children both sell them in Winnipeg. I looked online and here is a list of places that sell them in Calgary:

Bug and Blossom
1777-1632 14th Ave NW
Calgary, AB
Tel: 403.241.6633

Cherry Four
12159 9 Ave SE
Calgary, AB
Tel: 403.262.7171

e-Children
130-71 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2H0R9
Tel: 403.258.2332

Krickets
2306 4th St SW
Calgary, AB
Tel: 403.244.9330

Luxe Gift Baskets
1214 20A ST
CALGARY,, AB
Tel: 403.969.0751

Posh Mommy
Bay 102-103 2120 Kensignton Rd. NN
Calgary, Alberta,
Tel: 403-283-1654
www.poshmommy.ca

Hope this helps! How is Micah doing? Any news from the tests! Miss you and hope all is well. Take care,
Carissa

Drea said...

Hey! I got your comment about a carrier. we dont have internet yet and im super busy checking the past 3 days worth of emails... swamped! any who. If you want go to my blog and scroll down on the right side you'll see a photo of me wearing Taite on my back in a wrap. Under that you'll see a link that says "my babywearing post" click that.. and all my babywearing post will come up. That might help you decide on a carrier.

I think a good MEI TAI and a ring sling is all you need. I love having ring slings for quick trips... but a mei tai or wrap (wraps have a larger learning curve) is a must for back wearing for long periods.
Hope that helps! if you want email me in 2 weeks .. that'll give me time to settled and get internet working (we dont have it yet, im at the church using their computer) Thanks!