Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The new class

I have spent the last 6 months trying to revise my eating habits and how much I work out. In November it was recommended by the doctor that I stop eating wheat, anything with Gluten and starchy foods. I was told to go on this diet to see if it makes my I.B.S any better.
Let me tell you I feel like a new person, my stomach used to look like I was 5 months pregnant everyday ( no, I am NOT joking) and I had the worse stomach pain.
I know have a smaller stomach with just a little baby flab. I also started biking in December every night for 1 hour, I lost 15 pounds by the end of February.
I stopped biking the end of February due to physical and emotional circumstances and have been trying to get back to doing physical exercise.
Well, I did it I joined a womens gym called Goodlife. I do a couple classes they offer one is called Body Jam and I love it. It is high energy dancing for an hour, anything for Salsa to Hip Hop to Line dancing with tons of pelvic thrusting and bumping and grinding ( SO fun). So yeah for me and now that everyone knows I can't slack off, time to shed some of my excess body fat.

5 comments:

Jobina said...

That's awesome Mel! What really great too is that you feel so much better! That counts more than anything. I'm curious...what's I.B.S.?

Evan and Mel said...

I.B.S
Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Causes sever pain in the intestines and lots of blotting.

Tara said...

sounds great...just let me know when you're free. i'm definately free some mornings.

RLE said...

That Body Jam sounds like fun! Way to go for making positive improvements to help you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealouse! I wish I had a place to sign up and do that kind of thing! (and the time to do it) Way to go!I'm happy to hear the diet thing worked for you. It hasn't for me.

-Carissa