Thursday, June 14, 2007

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I aways thought that life when Emmanuel was two was on the best of days hard and trying. Who wants to be saying no all day long.
Well, now I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 22 month old. I love my kids more then words can describe but to hear "Mommy play with me" all day long gets incredibly tiring. If Emmanuel is not begging me to play with him he is off torturing his sister.
While Emmanuel is being the boy God created him to be I am trying to deal with a 22 month old that has a attitude the size of a13 year old and the body the size of a 12 month old ( we just hit 22 pounds :) )
Now that all the explaining is done, fast forward to today. I write this as I hang my head in exhaustion.
I just got over a nasty flu on Tuesday, the symptoms are gone and the exhaustion is raging in full force. On top of that we are leaving for Holidays tomorrow and I have done NOTHING. Evan also works long hours so he isn't much of a help at the moment.
7:00a.m Emmanuel jumps on me, all I can hear is Mommy play with me. My response Waiting until after breakfast.
8:00 Micah please eat your cereal NO. We do this until the bowl gets dumped on the floor. Micah has a time out and screams like it is the end of the world.
9:30 Micah is screaming from the play room, "Emmanuel Hit me" Emmanuel's response No I didn't. Emmanuel goes for a time out. When I ask him why he hit her his answer was " Because I wanted to".
10:00 Micah throws herself on the floor screaming, what brought it on? I haven't a clue.
10:30 Micah throws herself on the floor screaming, what brought it on? I haven't a clue.
11:00 Mommy come play with me. I was just playing with Emmanuel but it is never enough time for him.
12:00 Micah eat your lunch NO. Plate of food and cup of juice on the floor. Micah has a time out and screams like it is the end of the world.
2:00 Micah is sleeping and Emmanuel is watching Tree House, the house is quiet and I am ready for a nap.

We won't talk about the water that was poured on the floor, the biting and the tears that took place between 12:00 and 2:00. I LOVE nap time.

I can imagine how many moms are out there right now totally understanding what type of day I have had today and sadly that thought is not making me feel better.
What does make me feel better is knowing that everyday is not like this and getting huge hugs a wet kiss for my two wonderful children.
Sorry that I have been all over the place with this post, just trying to get my thoughts out.
I will try and Blog when we return from our holidays on Monday.

3 comments:

Dad & Shelagh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheButterfly2 said...

Sorry to hear your day yesterday was rough. I'm dreading when Alli hits the two year old stage because she also has major attitude. Thanks for your honesty though. I always like to hear other moms just being honest about life with kids.
Where are you headed on holidays?

Stacey said...

Help... that's all I can think of after reading this post and knowing that our baby is coming in 7 weeks or so!! Life is an adventure...